Institutes and Centers
Mason's commitment to research goes beyond the work of individual faculty members. The university and its partners invest in research centers and institutes that excel at focused and multidisciplinary studies, working together to solve global problems. We study, analyze, and develop knowledge in a variety of fields, using collaboration and communication to help generate discoveries.
IBI works with collaborators both within the university and externally. Areas of study include cancer, infectious diseases, brain and behavior, injury and performance, policy, economics, reproductive and family health, and cardiovascular and metabolic issues.
CINA is a Mason-led multidisciplinary academic consortium that pursues innovative strategies and solutions to advance criminal network analysis, forensics, and investigative processes. It's a Department of 500彩票下载app二维码land Security Center of Excellence.
At IDIA, entrepreneurs, researchers, technologists, and business leaders will join Mason students and researchers in driving innovation in the digital economy and collaborating on business opportunities.
QMC works to create technologies based on quantum materials that reduce energy consumption while increasing device performance by combining machine learning; theoretical modeling; nanophotonics; materials growth; and optical, magnetic, and electronic characterization techniques.
Mason's schools and colleges support many centers conducting specialized research.
- College of Education and Human Development: Areas of study include education, digital media, sports medicine and management, and improving the lives of those with disabilities.
- College of Health and Human 500彩票下载app二维码: Areas of study include health informatics, ethics and policy, and chronic illness.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Areas of study include immigration, public policy, climate change, and criminal justice.
- College of Science: Areas of study include molecular medicine, geospatial intelligence, biodefense, and the environment.
- College of Visual and Performing Arts: The Center for Arts and Wellness makes health education an integral part of students' lives.
- Schar School of Policy and Government: Areas of study include intelligence, medical policies, and the economy.
- School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution: Areas of study include gender issues, peacemaking, and religion.
- School of Business: Areas of study include government contracting, entrepreneurship, and consumer protection.
- Volgenau School of Engineering: Areas of study include transportation, secure information systems, and C4I and cyber.
- Antonin Scalia Law School: Areas of study include national security, intellectual property, constitutional freedoms, privacy, and economics.
Mason-Affiliated Centers and Institutes
Some external research groups are affiliated with the university, with Mason faculty working with their teams. They include:
- Center for Media and Public Affairs: This nonpartisan research and educational organization conducts scientific studies of the news and entertainment media.
- , and (Hanban).
- : This organization champions classical liberal ideas and the scholars who advance them.
- : This organization provides market-oriented ideas to bridge the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems.